Come on in. Sink your toes into the warm or cool smooth white sand and watch the blue waves turn into white froth and creep towards the boundary between water and sand and then slink back to where they came from. Smell the salty air and feel the cool wind on your face. Watch the water ripple the sun's golden orange rays all the way out to the horizon. This is about as good as it gets. I could really stay here all day, but I guess I'll start this blog.
I find it quite difficult to seperate my writings from who I am, so if you keep a close watch out, you might learn something here.
The intro has nothing to do with where I actually live, but if I were sociable and could create such a setting, that's about how I'd do it.
Human beings are here to help other human beings. We cannot do it alone. At the same time, however, there is a fact of life which points out the incalculable value of the individual: the power of the individual voice which is inseperably connected to the individual thought. A good quote from an unknown source says 'people often demand freedom of speech to make up for freedom of thought which they often avoid'. I believe man has proven through history that we can do incredible things. I believe it is a passage to adulthood when a person realizes that they can do anything they need to. Above everything else, Jews in Nazi Germany were always free to think. And it is thought which has always been the first step toward changing the world. I think it is a line in a movie or something, but every person who jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge[?] and lived, realized before they hit water that whatever problem in their life that they had been jumping for, they could fix. The individual has a lot going for it. It then becomes neccesary to look at what the individual does. Invariably, every individual, at one point in their life or another, does something intending to influence the thoughts- and especially the actions- of someone else. Try as a person might, they cannot see themselves as others see them. They can only see themselves two dimensionally. Individuals come into this world very dependent upon others, and that is also how they go out.
my wussy disclaimer: I am not trying to be a philosopher, and do not think I have made any philosophical breakthroughs here, but it is food for thought. And also, looking back on it; it is a relative rough/first draft. I hope I haven't made any serious faulty leaps of logic[which is better stated as reason] here. If I have and it is due to who I am, I suppose I shall have to let the error speak for itself.
I find it quite difficult to seperate my writings from who I am, so if you keep a close watch out, you might learn something here.
The intro has nothing to do with where I actually live, but if I were sociable and could create such a setting, that's about how I'd do it.
Human beings are here to help other human beings. We cannot do it alone. At the same time, however, there is a fact of life which points out the incalculable value of the individual: the power of the individual voice which is inseperably connected to the individual thought. A good quote from an unknown source says 'people often demand freedom of speech to make up for freedom of thought which they often avoid'. I believe man has proven through history that we can do incredible things. I believe it is a passage to adulthood when a person realizes that they can do anything they need to. Above everything else, Jews in Nazi Germany were always free to think. And it is thought which has always been the first step toward changing the world. I think it is a line in a movie or something, but every person who jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge[?] and lived, realized before they hit water that whatever problem in their life that they had been jumping for, they could fix. The individual has a lot going for it. It then becomes neccesary to look at what the individual does. Invariably, every individual, at one point in their life or another, does something intending to influence the thoughts- and especially the actions- of someone else. Try as a person might, they cannot see themselves as others see them. They can only see themselves two dimensionally. Individuals come into this world very dependent upon others, and that is also how they go out.
my wussy disclaimer: I am not trying to be a philosopher, and do not think I have made any philosophical breakthroughs here, but it is food for thought. And also, looking back on it; it is a relative rough/first draft. I hope I haven't made any serious faulty leaps of logic[which is better stated as reason] here. If I have and it is due to who I am, I suppose I shall have to let the error speak for itself.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home