I'm at it again
Putting the rambling thoughts of my mind onto this blogging page.
My roles:
Daughter
College Graduate
United Statian
Writer
Woman
Obese
European Descendant
French Descendant
Christian
Theist
Every time I try to write there is a voice inside my head criticizing everything I want to say. I am particularly sensitive to thoughts about United Statian's economic and religious status. I am grateful for this critic, though, because I often end up saying things without any evidence to back it up. I do think that my opinions should have some value, though. I am a rational, emotionally sensitive individual. I have lived the previous twenty-six years of my life, and I have found that life does provide the observant individual with some knowledge and awareness of how life is likely to turn out.
So...I'm going to give an opinion and try to give you my life experience with why I come to the conclusion...
I think that society tries to be comfortable too much. I think that most things we do to make ourselves comfortable [and the ultimate society guru by definition is one who knows various actions which enable the most amount of people to be comfortable with the least amount of actions] we eventually find or will eventually find as unsatisfying. I think I say that because of my own personality/likes. I do often live for satisfying others. I find it very important in life to be able to step outside of my comfort zone and connect with another individual. And that relates to my fact that I believe humans are coded to help one another. The only thing that contradicts that is the fact that many succesful and also intelligent individuals have been and/or become hermitic in the later part of their lives. This, in fact, argues against me. But for some reason, I still think I'm right. I think the movie "I,Robot" agrees with me when it has the audio of the dead scientist's speech about robots huddling together in a dark room.
I guess I should tell you why I wanted to voice this opinion. I was listening to a late night talk show which was discussing the lactaters who protested against Barbara Walters after she voiced her discomfort from a fellow flight passenger lactating without covering up with a blanket. A lot of the discussion centered around the fact that it would make most people uncomfortable to see that. The talk show discussed the protesting lactaters, and claimed that they were going too far, but I think that Barbara Walters went too far. I, too, am uncomfortable when lactates [which are mothers breastfeeding their babies in public] don't cover up, but as Miss Maners says: the definition of good manners is the tolerance of bad ones. Barbara Walters should not have said anything...especially on public tv. And she was just discussing it, and I don't think that was the time nor the place to discuss it. I was going to say that discussing it was ok, but really I feel that it's not because it is people talking about what another person should do to make people comfortable...and I feel that if we go down this road we will eventually find ourselves comfortable but not satisfied. [Although, I admit, that I don't know where we'd eventually get to, or why it would be unsatisfying.]
Anyway...that's it for now.
My roles:
Daughter
College Graduate
United Statian
Writer
Woman
Obese
European Descendant
French Descendant
Christian
Theist
Every time I try to write there is a voice inside my head criticizing everything I want to say. I am particularly sensitive to thoughts about United Statian's economic and religious status. I am grateful for this critic, though, because I often end up saying things without any evidence to back it up. I do think that my opinions should have some value, though. I am a rational, emotionally sensitive individual. I have lived the previous twenty-six years of my life, and I have found that life does provide the observant individual with some knowledge and awareness of how life is likely to turn out.
So...I'm going to give an opinion and try to give you my life experience with why I come to the conclusion...
I think that society tries to be comfortable too much. I think that most things we do to make ourselves comfortable [and the ultimate society guru by definition is one who knows various actions which enable the most amount of people to be comfortable with the least amount of actions] we eventually find or will eventually find as unsatisfying. I think I say that because of my own personality/likes. I do often live for satisfying others. I find it very important in life to be able to step outside of my comfort zone and connect with another individual. And that relates to my fact that I believe humans are coded to help one another. The only thing that contradicts that is the fact that many succesful and also intelligent individuals have been and/or become hermitic in the later part of their lives. This, in fact, argues against me. But for some reason, I still think I'm right. I think the movie "I,Robot" agrees with me when it has the audio of the dead scientist's speech about robots huddling together in a dark room.
I guess I should tell you why I wanted to voice this opinion. I was listening to a late night talk show which was discussing the lactaters who protested against Barbara Walters after she voiced her discomfort from a fellow flight passenger lactating without covering up with a blanket. A lot of the discussion centered around the fact that it would make most people uncomfortable to see that. The talk show discussed the protesting lactaters, and claimed that they were going too far, but I think that Barbara Walters went too far. I, too, am uncomfortable when lactates [which are mothers breastfeeding their babies in public] don't cover up, but as Miss Maners says: the definition of good manners is the tolerance of bad ones. Barbara Walters should not have said anything...especially on public tv. And she was just discussing it, and I don't think that was the time nor the place to discuss it. I was going to say that discussing it was ok, but really I feel that it's not because it is people talking about what another person should do to make people comfortable...and I feel that if we go down this road we will eventually find ourselves comfortable but not satisfied. [Although, I admit, that I don't know where we'd eventually get to, or why it would be unsatisfying.]
Anyway...that's it for now.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home