2008 its important
well, about June of 2007 Nathan Lewis emailed me out of the blue. I had just had an upsetting experience with a guy in my Singles ward I was sort of seeing, so I said that I did want to get reaquainted with Nathan, who I had met in 2005 in the Singles ward in Spanish Fork, but he never showed any interest in me. I had somehow gotten on his bulkmail mailing list and had gotten a few group emails from him, but everytime I tried to respond, he'd send no response back, so I was pretty mad. Which is why it was good that I was upset about the other relationship so that I said yes. He came up to Taylorsville with the bus from Spanish Fork a couple times and then we started dating. He had grown up about 4 blocks away from where I was living in Taylorsville. We started dating, although it took a while because he took a big trip with his family to Washington to see the area where his father grew up. But I still called him while he was on that trip, anyway. And when I met Nathan in 2005, his mother had just died, and in 2007 Nathan told me that his dad had remarried.
Nathan got me an ab roller exerciser and flowers for my birthday. The flowers were colored daisies.
well, on about nov 10 2007 I went through and got my endowments at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. I realized the gravity of the covenants I was making, and was a little scared, but I felt ready for this step and also knew it was preparatory to getting married which I felt was coming on because I had been dating Nathan Lewis for about 7 months by then. And I felt VERY ready to get married, somehow. I really like the initiatory and going through the veil. I thought the Celestial room was pretty. I liked everybody being in white. We had had the session early in the morning. My dad was late and so ended up attending the Spanish session which started 30 minutes after mine. My friend, Annie, apparently tried to attend, but had attended the earlier session. Afterwards we went to my brother's house in Alpine for a brunch.
Christmas was my first Christmas with a boyfriend; he got me nice perfume and I got him cologne body spray.
Now 2008.
The main event. In March, or possibly even just May, I kind of got things messed up so we kind of "fell into" being engaged, and then things got even wierder and I set a date of July 5 so that Nathan's sister's kids could be at the wedding, and nothing else in the summer really worked with my family. In hindsight, I should have waited, but didn't find out until we got to the step that the "week" long honeymoon I had in mind, wasn't a possibility. Yet still I held firm.
So, on Saturday, July 5, 2008 we were sealed in a morning session at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple for time and all eternity according to our faithfulness.
The sealer talked about his mission and how there were lots of mosquitos in Africa or wherever, and then talked about how important prayer was then. We had both dads be the witnesses since both Nathan's and my dad are Robert Euguenes. Then we took pictures outside the temple which took a while with all the different combinations. And then we went to Spanish Fork for a luncheon Nathan's parents had set up. Nathan and I exchanged rings there with sentimental sayings and then Nathan and I played a duet on the piano together that we had quickly thrown together a couple days before. Then we ate and we played a game to see who knew the most about me and Nathan. Then we went out to our car to head out for our honeymoon and the families had decorated the car and it said Just Mawied on it because Nathan is so good at quoting Princess Bride.
We then went to Jordanelle and stayed in a new lodge there. The first night was not good for me. We had sex, but then Nathan just went to bed, and I couldn't fall asleep. So I didn't. I couldn't sleep for the next two nights either. I just wasn't used to sleeping with someone else, and we were trying to sleep intertwined and we should have just slept each on our own side of the bed, but I couldn't figure it out. I even had Nathan give me husband's blessing on the 2nd night, but it didn't help. I thought we could just walk to the water's edge without feeling guilty without paying, but each time I felt too guilty to try it, so we never even got to go in the water. We didn't even go into the pool the hotel had. We went on a couple walks and spent some time talking, though, which was nice. Plus we still fooled around in the bedroom. We stayed there until Tuesday afternoon.
On Tuesday afternoon I rushed to the hair dresser to have the hair dresser do my hair again. Then we went to my Mother's house and had a garden reception in her backyard. She had paid a place to set up tables and stuff and everything was very pretty. I was happy. I also liked how Nathan looked when he finally got into his tuxedo and my father had a tuxedo too. My father had set up some music and I danced around to it while I was waiting. I felt like helping, but I couldn't in my dress. I really don't know everything that was served, but there were fruit tarts and eclairs and my mom made a really nummy punch with pineapple sherbet in it. The cake fell over in the heat before I got a chance to see it, but it was part white cake part chocolate cake. And it had a Mt Timpanogos on top, but the Moroni got broken off when it fell. When I went to the cutting of the cake, I got a really bad side ache like I had never gotten before. After I breathed and drank some water, I felt better and we were able to cut the cake. After all the guests had left, my brothers and sisters gave me a kitchenaid mixer. It was red, which is what the color of my kitchen turned out to be after my kitchen themed bridal shower gifts all turned out to be red. It was amazing. I felt so very loved. I had planned on having Nathan go to our house in his tux and enjoy taking it off, but he changed before I realized he did not know that. So we took all the tuxes, so he could put it back on when we got home. Which he tried to do, but we couldn't figure out how to put it back on correctly.
Nathan went to school in the Fall. He did ok, but he did not pass his math class, I don't think. In November Nathan's parents left for a 18 month mission to Raleigh, North Carolina. We had an early Christmas Kickoff which is an annual event with their family but had missed the previous Christmas because Nathan had not told me about it and I had to work. Then they left and we did our own Christmas and then spent Christmas with Nathan's family and then my family the day after Christmas. I got Nathan some Garfield books and movies and he got me some placesetting things.
Nathan got me an ab roller exerciser and flowers for my birthday. The flowers were colored daisies.
well, on about nov 10 2007 I went through and got my endowments at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. I realized the gravity of the covenants I was making, and was a little scared, but I felt ready for this step and also knew it was preparatory to getting married which I felt was coming on because I had been dating Nathan Lewis for about 7 months by then. And I felt VERY ready to get married, somehow. I really like the initiatory and going through the veil. I thought the Celestial room was pretty. I liked everybody being in white. We had had the session early in the morning. My dad was late and so ended up attending the Spanish session which started 30 minutes after mine. My friend, Annie, apparently tried to attend, but had attended the earlier session. Afterwards we went to my brother's house in Alpine for a brunch.
Christmas was my first Christmas with a boyfriend; he got me nice perfume and I got him cologne body spray.
Now 2008.
The main event. In March, or possibly even just May, I kind of got things messed up so we kind of "fell into" being engaged, and then things got even wierder and I set a date of July 5 so that Nathan's sister's kids could be at the wedding, and nothing else in the summer really worked with my family. In hindsight, I should have waited, but didn't find out until we got to the step that the "week" long honeymoon I had in mind, wasn't a possibility. Yet still I held firm.
So, on Saturday, July 5, 2008 we were sealed in a morning session at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple for time and all eternity according to our faithfulness.
The sealer talked about his mission and how there were lots of mosquitos in Africa or wherever, and then talked about how important prayer was then. We had both dads be the witnesses since both Nathan's and my dad are Robert Euguenes. Then we took pictures outside the temple which took a while with all the different combinations. And then we went to Spanish Fork for a luncheon Nathan's parents had set up. Nathan and I exchanged rings there with sentimental sayings and then Nathan and I played a duet on the piano together that we had quickly thrown together a couple days before. Then we ate and we played a game to see who knew the most about me and Nathan. Then we went out to our car to head out for our honeymoon and the families had decorated the car and it said Just Mawied on it because Nathan is so good at quoting Princess Bride.
We then went to Jordanelle and stayed in a new lodge there. The first night was not good for me. We had sex, but then Nathan just went to bed, and I couldn't fall asleep. So I didn't. I couldn't sleep for the next two nights either. I just wasn't used to sleeping with someone else, and we were trying to sleep intertwined and we should have just slept each on our own side of the bed, but I couldn't figure it out. I even had Nathan give me husband's blessing on the 2nd night, but it didn't help. I thought we could just walk to the water's edge without feeling guilty without paying, but each time I felt too guilty to try it, so we never even got to go in the water. We didn't even go into the pool the hotel had. We went on a couple walks and spent some time talking, though, which was nice. Plus we still fooled around in the bedroom. We stayed there until Tuesday afternoon.
On Tuesday afternoon I rushed to the hair dresser to have the hair dresser do my hair again. Then we went to my Mother's house and had a garden reception in her backyard. She had paid a place to set up tables and stuff and everything was very pretty. I was happy. I also liked how Nathan looked when he finally got into his tuxedo and my father had a tuxedo too. My father had set up some music and I danced around to it while I was waiting. I felt like helping, but I couldn't in my dress. I really don't know everything that was served, but there were fruit tarts and eclairs and my mom made a really nummy punch with pineapple sherbet in it. The cake fell over in the heat before I got a chance to see it, but it was part white cake part chocolate cake. And it had a Mt Timpanogos on top, but the Moroni got broken off when it fell. When I went to the cutting of the cake, I got a really bad side ache like I had never gotten before. After I breathed and drank some water, I felt better and we were able to cut the cake. After all the guests had left, my brothers and sisters gave me a kitchenaid mixer. It was red, which is what the color of my kitchen turned out to be after my kitchen themed bridal shower gifts all turned out to be red. It was amazing. I felt so very loved. I had planned on having Nathan go to our house in his tux and enjoy taking it off, but he changed before I realized he did not know that. So we took all the tuxes, so he could put it back on when we got home. Which he tried to do, but we couldn't figure out how to put it back on correctly.
Nathan went to school in the Fall. He did ok, but he did not pass his math class, I don't think. In November Nathan's parents left for a 18 month mission to Raleigh, North Carolina. We had an early Christmas Kickoff which is an annual event with their family but had missed the previous Christmas because Nathan had not told me about it and I had to work. Then they left and we did our own Christmas and then spent Christmas with Nathan's family and then my family the day after Christmas. I got Nathan some Garfield books and movies and he got me some placesetting things.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home