My Photo
Name:
Location: Provo, Utah, United States

Friday, May 08, 2009

so Now it's May

That pretty much was it for April, anyway

I love spring. It really is my favorite time of year. So beautiful. And green. So so far this month, we've just watched a bunch of movies. Alvin & the Chipmunks was pretty cute. We saw this movie called All that You Want which was a chick flick, but it thanked Thanksgiving Point in the credits so it must have been a utah-ish lds-ish? production. Still cute. Then we saw He's Just Not That Into You, which was also a chick flick, and I really enjoyed it, but it has an extramarital affair in it, so it is PG-13, but it does point out that the affair was very negative.
Nathan made it to the dentist. Not quite a good checkup, but at least it's done. gum disease and 9 cavities. ouch. Very strange going to someone else's dentist appointment. Although it gives you the desire to take care of your teeth without the pain (for you, anyway), so I guess there's a benefit.

Now we're trying to get Nathan a job. I'm not exactly sure what's going on there. They gave us a sheet of things to mark as being a barrier to getting a job, but it seems a lot of those assume you have tried to get a job before. Nathan hasn't, so it's hard to say. I learned through it all that I have a self-confidence complex(?) and I need to not ask for help so fast, and trust myself more. I know I seem lazy most of the time, but even if it procrastinates, myself does get things done. So we're still working on that.

No pics, but Sunday is Mother's Day, so there'll be pics from that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emilie said...

Thinking of you two, and hope the next few weeks bring a job for Nathan. Hang in there!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That stinks about Nathan's dentist appointment. Good luck with job hunting. My husband is looking for a job too. Tough times! I loved hearing from you on my blog and in my response to the email about Peter's birth. You are such a sweet friend. I hope you're doing well.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home