up til now












There really wasn't anything else for the rest of May and most of June until family camp June 18-20. It was at Balsam up Hobble Creek Canyon. Pictures coming soon. We had a fairly successful tin foil dinner...
Nathan's and I's still took forever to cook, and it was just a chicken thigh and carrots. But ok. The kids found the river right away and they also found the hill next to the tables on the campsite
. 
We also celebrated Trenton's birthday. 
The teen boys decided to go for a hike, and they got lost somehow and it turned out to be an 8 hour hike. They came back right when dinner was done. Or after Angela's presentation. Allysa drove and parked for the first time at camp.
We then had a presention from Angela about the camp theme, 

turning our tents towards the temple. She talked about how various things can keep us from focusing on the temple. 
Afterwards, each family shared religious experiences about the temple. We then had a nice sit around where he heard Matthew's collection of humorous tidbits. Our campsite host, Gordon, also stopped by to give us all the rules and stuff. Then there were marshmallows and stuff
and then we went to bed. The children all woke up the next morning bright and early, and ended up being a little too loud for some people, although it did help people start waking up. That's when I got up, anyway. Well, a little before that, but not really until then. I hadn't really slept very well during the night. Why is it that all of a sudden I can feel rocks like they are boulders? But we got up and had a good breakfast of scones and such. Then people started playing chess and the kids started making their boats for the boat race and the smaller ones found a good patch of dirt.
The teens played volleyball.
They gave everyone funny names like "Voya" and "Big Bertha", according to my husband. There were crafts of making marshmallow temples and temple murals.
I forgot mine; I hope someone kept it, or it's ok if they didn't. We then had a lunch of sandwiches and such. People played more chess and did more crafts.
Heidi and Katrina finally were there. Finally we had a great dutch oven dinner with bbq chicken sweet and sour pork and potatoes and rolls. Nathan and I brought the rolls. But we forgot the butter. I guess I'm not much of a butter and roll person when it comes to eating a roll with a meal. Weird. The next morning we had nice easy muffin and bananas and juice breakfast and then we had some time to make our ensigns to take to ensign peak and I finished ours just after we packed away our tent and just before it rained.
Then people wanted to finish the horseshoe tournament, which I foolishly stayed out of, but will be in next year, so we went to the horseshoe area and watched the end in pouring rain. Then we all went home after Matthew won the contest, reclaiming his title, with Greg disputing due to poor playing conditions, i.e, the rain.

Afterwards, each family shared religious experiences about the temple. We then had a nice sit around where he heard Matthew's collection of humorous tidbits. Our campsite host, Gordon, also stopped by to give us all the rules and stuff. Then there were marshmallows and stuff
and then we went to bed. The children all woke up the next morning bright and early, and ended up being a little too loud for some people, although it did help people start waking up. That's when I got up, anyway. Well, a little before that, but not really until then. I hadn't really slept very well during the night. Why is it that all of a sudden I can feel rocks like they are boulders? But we got up and had a good breakfast of scones and such. Then people started playing chess and the kids started making their boats for the boat race and the smaller ones found a good patch of dirt.
The teens played volleyball.
They gave everyone funny names like "Voya" and "Big Bertha", according to my husband. There were crafts of making marshmallow temples and temple murals.
I forgot mine; I hope someone kept it, or it's ok if they didn't. We then had a lunch of sandwiches and such. People played more chess and did more crafts.
Heidi and Katrina finally were there. Finally we had a great dutch oven dinner with bbq chicken sweet and sour pork and potatoes and rolls. Nathan and I brought the rolls. But we forgot the butter. I guess I'm not much of a butter and roll person when it comes to eating a roll with a meal. Weird. The next morning we had nice easy muffin and bananas and juice breakfast and then we had some time to make our ensigns to take to ensign peak and I finished ours just after we packed away our tent and just before it rained. That pretty much takes care of June except for Father's day, which we spent with my family. My dad got a new fishing reel, but it broke, so it had to be taken back to the store. 




















The other item in June, at least I think it happened in June, it may have been late May, was that Nathan recieved his diploma. I didn't get a party planned like I had planned on, but we made him this cheesy hat and tassel and took these pics. It was an adventure The other picture is taken in 2010, but is him holding the can he recieved on his first father's day in a home ward where he recieved something. 2009. 







There also was in June the graduation party for my neice, Jessica, who graduated from high school. I had pics, but I just accidentally deleted them. We went to my brother's house and swam and then played guitar hero or whatever.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home