catching up again dec 09 jan 10
So I guess I last blogged at the beginning of December, so I'll try to cover what I can. I had forgotten to blog that on Dec 4th my family got together to do a family picture and then Nathan and I rushed and went to Forgotten Carols. It was my second time seeing it and Nathan's first time. I still like the part about Handel wanting to sing the best. Work kind of slowed down after the 10th of december and I was grateful for the extra time as I was still getting used to the aerobics class. I was able to get our tree, but the place we went to last year wasn't there, so the tree I got was too big for the stand we'd purchased. I got a new stand, but the tree still leaned, anyway. Then work started up, so I didn't even get the tree decorated until dec 21st or so. By then work had picked up again. I did get off work early on Wednesday, so we celebrated Christmas Adam with my best friend and her husband by eating a spaghetti dinner and watching A Muppet Christmas
Carol. (no pics, bummer) I do think it is one of my favorites. I guess I'm just turning into more of a Muppet kind of person. We spent Christmas Eve together at home and we celebrated Christmas at Nathan's brother Matthew's house, although everybody from South Weber came, too.
One of the 
decorations on one of the tables was a garfield wearing a red santa cap. We recieved a frame with pictures of hidden letters in it spelling LEWIS. Nathan's sister sent all the girls blocks with their first initial on it. I had Saturday off and took the time resting. We had a nice Christmas Sunday wherein we participated in the choir's performance of a song and I taught the Christmas lesson in Nursery. Then we went to Christmas dinner with my family at my brother's house. We got an hdtv and lots of clothes. I worked the rest of the days in December.
On New Year's Eve, we had dinner at In 'N' Out, and hooked up our hdtv just in time to watch the ball drop and toast in the new year with ginger ale and ice cream.
On New Year's Day we went to an Elder's Quorum activity where we went bowling and then had pizza and then played board games. I played a game where you decide how many times you'll win and if you guess right, you get extra points. I came in 4th out of 6, I think. Nathan beat a few people at Phase 10.
Our hdtv was intersting; at first it wouldn't recieve any channels except channel 4, then it would get channel 5 and 13 but not 4, and then we searched for channels and our door was open, and all of a sudden we had all channels, except 13 and 2. My dad bought us a super strong rabbit ear antenna thing and we got even more channels, but still not 13, but we did get 2. Nathan went with the Soderquists and the Blakes to a yurt jan 8-9 for our first night apart. It was a little easier than I thought, but it was really 24 hours apart, so it felt like years.
On New Year's Eve, we had dinner at In 'N' Out, and hooked up our hdtv just in time to watch the ball drop and toast in the new year with ginger ale and ice cream.
On New Year's Day we went to an Elder's Quorum activity where we went bowling and then had pizza and then played board games. I played a game where you decide how many times you'll win and if you guess right, you get extra points. I came in 4th out of 6, I think. Nathan beat a few people at Phase 10.
Our hdtv was intersting; at first it wouldn't recieve any channels except channel 4, then it would get channel 5 and 13 but not 4, and then we searched for channels and our door was open, and all of a sudden we had all channels, except 13 and 2. My dad bought us a super strong rabbit ear antenna thing and we got even more channels, but still not 13, but we did get 2. Nathan went with the Soderquists and the Blakes to a yurt jan 8-9 for our first night apart. It was a little easier than I thought, but it was really 24 hours apart, so it felt like years.
My family got together in January for birthdays.


1 Comments:
It sounds like you had a very nice Christmas. I'm so glad. Oh, and I totally agree with you about the Muppets. I love the Muppets' Christmas Carol (it's one of my holiday favorites).
Post a Comment
<< Home