My Photo
Name:
Location: Provo, Utah, United States

Thursday, September 09, 2010

the rest of july -family camp part 1


So we last left off at july 5th. So the next week, we packed up and headed to the mountain for the 10th(15th?)(20?)th Lewis Family Camp up Hobble creek Canyon. This was camp as we arrived.













So Dad and Wendy Lewis set up the Lewis Family Creed.







And people started arriving. Then Dad Lewis got things underway explaining the Theme of Camp "Grounded in the Gospel"

We then had skits from all the families depicting a story from the scriptures or family history depicting the camp theme. We went oldest to youngest. Nathan and I did a skit on the Stripling Warriors and their mothers being grounded in the gospel. Nathan was such "strippling" warrior, indeed. Of course I couldn't take a pic of us, because I was in it.
It then was time to set up a fire, the kids to start sliding down the dusty hill, and families started making dinners. I had pre-made our tinfoil dinners. Before we ate, we took the family picture, i think. More continued below the pictures...
After dinner, the kids got serious, roasting marshmallows, playing card games, and then at the nightime campfire, the twins and the Chandlers sang us a song they had written. "I Like My Life". The next day we got up for breakfast and then got down to the tasks for the day, attending a scout workshop on photography and seriously continuing the horseshoe competition. The goofy picture is Nathan with blue lips after sucking on a Ring Pop for a really long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home